Sunday, July 29, 2012

Princess Pixie's Sparkly Flax Snax

Mom is always trying out new horse cookie recipes as many of the store bought ones out there are not fit for picky princess ponies. Here is her latest one:


Princess Pixie's Sparkly Flax Snax


1 cup oats (I used rolled horse oats since I had some at the barn, but if you want them to be human edible too, then use Quaker Oats or the like)
1 cup flour
3/4 cup flax meal
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup molasses

Preheat over to 350. Mix the oats and flour in a large mixing bowl. Put the flax meal, coconut oil, baking powder, baking soda, & cinnamon in a food processor and mix together. Add to the flour and oats in the mixing bowl. Add the molasses and mix all the ingredients together until they become "dough like." Spoon tablespoon size balls onto greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with edible glitter in the color of your choice. (I chose purple.) Bake 15 mins. Then sprinkle with colored sugar (this time I chose blue!) and bake an additional 5-10 mins. Cool and feed to happy ponies :)


... and yes, I supposed you could make them without the glitter and colored sugar, but really, where's the fun in that?!


Mom says she's going to try and make some low sugar ones next time. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how they turn out...

7 comments:

  1. These are so cute!! I can't wait to give them a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to give these to Rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have to use honey for a back up for molasses but Angel will love it still!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for sharing i love this idea and hey its easter time why not make them shaped like eggs and glitter away! :)

    ReplyDelete